Nymi touring the southeast globe

A little story about a short, cute and deadly creature on an adventure in distant lands far far away.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Arrived in Singapore, land of opportunity

well... I wouldn't exactly call Singapore a land. To be honest it's more like a huuge city with it's 4.5 million inhabitants. The place is like Bornholm in size, and takes about 45 minutes to cross by car.
Or if your name is Darksideon and you are riding his 1000 cc motorcycle, it will probably take you less than 30 minutes :P

By the way, if you are planning to go to London, or transfer via London airport, there are now "enchanced security measures". This basically means you are not allowed to bring any kind of fluids in your hand luggage.
I brought some toothpaste, deo and a tiny bottle of soap... none of it was allowed. And they thouroghly searched every persons' luggage. In the end I just checked in my hand luggage as well and just took the flight with only a book in my hand.

Singapore
Tall buildings, lot of modern architecture, lots of shops and shopping malls, that basically sums up Singapores appearance. Oh... I forgot the harbours :P
According to Darksideon and Aryn, Singapore is really just a big big port for trade.
We will probably go and visit a a multi purpose heavy lifter ship when it arrives the 9th of November.

To be honest, Darksideon and Aryn are awesome hosts and they are like spawning ideas on what to do here constantly :D

Speaking of which, yesterday we had the honour of having dinner at her parent's place.
Aryn comes from a Malaysian family who are living by the muslim ways.
So that means that I had to remember not to use my left hand for eating. Left hand is for wiping your ass really, according to ancient arabic traditions.
Anyway, we had some awesome food and enjoyed their hospitality, even though Skotten was scared shitless of making any mistakes that would offend the family :P

I got some pics that I will upload as soon as I can... and also, this is just the beginning.
There is nuch more to tell, but now I'm going to the swimming pool in a minute or two :P

Will post more soon... love u all!
/Nymi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home